For information Purposes; Upon a public majority vote of a quorum of the City Council, the Council may hold an executive session, which will not be open to the public, but for only the following purposes:
– discussion or consideration of personnel matters (A.R.S. §38-431.03 (A)(1));
– discussion or consideration of records exempt by law from public inspection (A.R.S. §38-401.03 (A)(2));
– discussion or consultation for legal advice with the city’s attorneys (A.R.S. §38-431.03 (A)(3));
– discussion or consultation with the city’s attorneys regarding the city’s position regarding contracts that are the subject of negotiations, in pending or contemplated litigation, or in settlement discussions conducted in order to avoid or resolve litigation (A.R.S.§38-431.03 (a)(4));
– discussion or consultation with designated representatives of the city in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations with employee organizations (A.R.S. §38-431.03 (A)(5)); or
– discussion, consultation or consideration for international and interstate negotiations or for negotiations by a city or town, or its designated representatives, with members of a tribal council, or its designated representatives, of an Indian reservation located within or adjacent to the city or town. A.R.S. §38-401.03 (A)(6)).
– discussing or consulting with designated representatives of the city in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations for the purchase, sale or lease of real property (A.R.S. §38-431.03 (A)(7)).
Confidentiality Requirements Pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.03(C)(D): Any person receiving executive session information pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.02 shall not disclose that information except to the Attorney General or County Attorney by agreement of the City Council, or as otherwise ordered by a court of competent jurisdiction.
The council may vote to hold an executive session for the purpose of obtaining legal advice from the Board’s attorney on any matter listed on the agenda pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3).